The Last Of The Real Hustlahz

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Who's your favorite rapper?

What makes your favorite rapper YOUR " FAVORITE " rapper? Is it how they look, is it their delivery/ flow, etc. Is it because this is who is on top of the charts?-At the moment. Meaning basically, you just ride with whomever has the number one slot and thus..your loyalty in all actuality doesn't even rest with anyone.
Who needs fans like you? One day your here and the next your gone. One day you have the artists' back but if he falls from #1 on the charts or he's not what's being talked about, you're gone with the wind.
I've been rapping since I was in elementary school. And all along that time and every since (even to this day), I've had favorite rappers. Now granted; by right, by default, and by the belief in my skills...quite naturally, I- MYSELF-AM-MY-FAVORITE-RAPPER. Conceited? Not by a long shot. Far from it. It's just that, I choose my favorite rapper's by the quality of their content. By the substance embedded within the words that they speak.
Ya see, I can always speak words that are relevant to myself...who knows me better than myself?So in order for me to listen to anything you have to say for an exstensive amount of time..you have to be saying something that I can take from your words and make them fit into my own life experiences. If I can't relate to you or identify with the content of your lyrics, I'm wasting your and my time by even pretending to listen....let alone give you my hard earned money!
With that being said, I made a vow a long time ago that when it came to delivering content by means of what we know worldwide today as "rapping", that.....whenever you hear a song by Peta-Loc, you'll always be rest assured that there will be certain bases that will always be covered without deviation-EVERYTIME- namely: I'll never portray myself as something that I'm not, You'll always get my reality-be it in hindsight and/or real time. And last but not least...I'll FOREVER SPEAK THE TRUTH!
You can't put a price on the truth. The exact monetary value of truth and reality is beyond materialistic means of measurement...

0 comments:

Blog Archive