The Last Of The Real Hustlahz

Sunday, July 17, 2011

" NOMORE TEARS "


The Takeover Pt. 3
L-O-C...running this rap shit!!!
Let's take a look at the second verse.
  • Verse Two begins with, " I don't care if ya game wreck, I holds trigga'z to setz, Ya lil' fuck I got hundred stacks..big as ya checks. When I was pushing " D ", back in '93, you was in T.Y.C so...how you think you gon' be me? ( On the track that line says " you was in T.D.C." It's originally suppose to be T.Y.C. That stands for Texas Youth Commission which is like a prison for juvenile delinquents out here in Texas. T. D. C. actually stands for Texas Department of Corrections which is the state prison out here in Texas. )  " Right there I was talking to one of my lil' homies from my neighborhood who'd once rode with me on missions thugging the block and what not. And it was like, " dude, really? I'm ya big homie. Stop that. " The situation from my perspective was like," here I am on my 3rd strike, bidding and I hear that you're in the studio all of a sudden. Okay, cool...hold it down, I'm on my way home. Let's do this. "
  • But no, cats out here were playing with this music. They weren't sure if they wanted to rap or be soldiers in the hood getting money. So the  next report  I'd received concerning  dude- Little Devil , it was like, now the cat was out in the trenches trying to get money. Clogging up both lanes. I've always been of the " shit-or-get-off-the-pot" mentality when it came down to advancement. So that's where I was like .." then ya did state time, switched the percentages, well...that isn't equal.. get more representatives. " ( It's like, okay, now your dumb ass has screwed around out here in the streets so long that you've finally picked up a stint in the state pen. So now you think you got a little street cred?? Get more representatives:" Now I'm doing Fed time buddy...getcha street cred up. " And like I was saying,  at the time, I wasn't the studio-gangster. I was in the studio one day and right back to the cuts hustling the next. .." No, ya not on my level, getcha mind, right, I hustled what ya whole album bubbled...cause my grind tight. " Basically I was saying...dudes spent all this time in studio to drop their j0ints and I'm  making more  money on the grind than these dudes have made on their total album sells. ( That's an interesting observation that I set back these days & times and wonder do young dudes who believe in their gift and who possess  an unrelenting love for hip-hop, are they still faced with that scenario of  dudes who call themselves rappers making far less money on a day to day basis than the average D-boy in their hoods. - I believe that's what they're called these days- D-Boys??)
Now,  in the 3rd verse I'd moved along from the little homie because art, imitating life again,...the little pebbles weren't worth my time. ( What's interesting is..even though I was shooting at certain specific characters, the message was ironically touching everyone who'd existed whom were of that particular status around that time. ) Like in verse 3, I'm talking to MarbleHead, who's my cousin actually, the same cat who'd put the key in my back when we were younger to even turn me to rapping. Dude had  been like my shadow all throughout my first time exposures to the hood activity that went on  outside of the immediate household. With him and myself it was like, you name...we did it....TOGETHER!. I was looking at dude like, " you " ( out of all people )  finally have better numbers coming out of the door  than I have and you've been handed the golden opportunity to hold everything down until Peta.Loc get's back to the microphone and commands it. Noooo...what do you do??  START SMOKING CRACK- COCAINE? Are you serious?? You, Jemi?? Crack?
And like I've said the irony of it was,....even though I was talking to him specifically, the message totally addressed like 8 out of 10 dudes who were part of the set. The original set. Not  any of the " Families " that I'd eventually got adopted into on the streets. ( That's another whole story of it's own. Which will be touched on, believe me. ) I was talking about the actual set. 3-2 Hoover Crip Gang! It was  like, " Are you fucking kidding me?? You cats have gon' from soldiers with rank in the community to smoking " crack ?? "  Like this is the fucking late 80's and we are our uncle's and aunt's generation out here on these streets. It's like " Dummy. have you just totally forgot that WE ARE THE PRODUCTS OF THE CRACK GENERATION? " We are crack. That's the first lesson  we learned coming out of our mother's womb: NEVER SMOKE CRACK!!!!! ( The second lesson being how to sell it probably ).
The remainder of the song is self-explanatory after one gains a conception of the proceeding verses.
But yeah...all and all that's how the Takeover Pt. 3 should be listened to. Not in comparison to Hov'z  " Takeover ". The only thing that's ever to be rightly compared to that song is Nas' answer joint " Ether ". ( Also a hip-hop classic by the way. ) And I've been asked by a lot of the homies that are familiar with my position in hip-hop and with how the his-story of my life is entwined with the culture, " why didn't I redo Nas's  Ether joint and damage the stanza's?? " Well, for one...even though I can get inspired lyrically- when it comes to being prolific - by Nas, I don't identify with Nasty Nas like that. Not to the point where the identification would be consistent throughout my saga. I love Nas and the gift that he has blessed the rest of the hip-hop community with...the consistent proliferation. That's what makes Nas great. But  Peta.Loc doesn't identify with that line of consistency.  Just as they also ask me why not my big brother Tupac, why not do " Hit Em' Up "? (Fucking classic !!!) Well....on one hand you have the God M.C., and on the other you have Pac, who now only exist in the Ether.

Takeover Pt. 3 ( Extended video clips )



P. S.- Since I now have all of  my fellow comrades in a rather concentrated forum I'd like to take the time to point out something else about Peta.Loc . On all of the tracks that you've heard thus far, the sound engineering is to be attributed to Savoy S. at Icee Studios in Midland, Texas. Dude's mixing and mastering skills are marvelous. ( Maybe some day in the near future I can persuade him  make his presence manifest on the Indie Funda scene. ..Hint. Hint.)
Peace y'all..." It's ya boy...."

1 comments:

Nicci said...

Some deep stuff.

Blog Archive