The Last Of The Real Hustlahz

Sunday, July 17, 2011

" The Takeover Pt. 3 ( Demystified )

As fans or friends ( or...fans and friends) of myself - " Peta'Loc " - already know,
Jay-Z is by far my first and foremost hugest musical influence when the time comes
for me to create my own music. However, there still exist  a huge misconception
whenever I'm heard quoting some of Jay's words in my own material.  So before I
go any further in my career, I think that it's only paying more homage to the God
M.C. when the misconceptions are cleared up in the beginning, right before the
deaf, dumb, and blind have the opportunity to translate honor into insult.
The song " Takeover Pt. 3 " was drafted out of King Hova's original cut called
" Takeover " that was released on the Blueprint album. As I've repeatedly said time \
and time again throughout my career; my identification with Jay-Z's rhymes can
be linked to direct experiences within my own life that draw out that relation. It
must be noted that at the time when  the Blueprint album dropped, I had the fortunate opportunity to enjoy it while I was simultaneously knee into the
dopegame, out of prison for the third time. While most people enjoyed the album in the comfort of their own choosing, I, ( due to being constantly on the move, trafficking
drugs up and down various interstates in The Great State Of Texas,) was compelled
to dissect every line of the album in my car's stereo while dropping off multiple
packages of narcotics....AND...dipping in and out of any and every studio that would
provide me with the opportunity to work on my own music.
After I'd been captured by the Federal Authorities and had an overabundance
of time to hone my skills, that one song in particular - Takeover - is one that I just
couldn't get out of my head at anytime I'd start to compose a new joint.
So instead of fighting to subdue the space that the song had literally taken over in
my brain, I chose to re-create the song in such a way that the song related to my life's
story...Takeover Pt.3 ( hit Takever Pt. 3  to PLAY SONG )

0 comments:

Blog Archive